The role of the Design Manager is to ensure that design projects are completed in a fashion that satisfies our customers’ requirements, and to ensure that the employees in the department have the tools necessary to produce top quality designs.
- Manage employees’ time so that projects are completed in a timely fashion
- Monitor the design process of each project and provide input when needed. Oversee the project timelines as presented to the customer, and manage/oversee completion according to timeline.
- Ensure that the quality of print sent to the floor is free from error
- Remain up-to-date on technology so that the employees have the tools they need and so Magna Machine and Tool’s innovation for customer design remains excellent
- Establish the most efficient design
- Assist in complete design-and-build quotation and participate in the sales process when needed
- Promote communication between management, shop floor personnel, and design personnel